The only album of this Canterbury Scene project, and the one with sad story around it. Alan Gowen (19 August 1947 – 17 May 1981), ex-Gilgamesh and ex - National Health keyboard player recorded this album with his friends and known British jazz musicians at his home just some weeks before his death (he died at age of 33 of leukemia).
And this sad nostalgic atmosphere is presented on this album in full. Not usual complex and slightly psychedelic jazz fusion, known under "Canterbury sound" name, but more melodic, not so complex, very jazzy, full of sadness nand melancholy music.
1. Above And Below (Phil Miller) 7:37
2. Reflexes In The Margin (Alan Gowen) 3:59
3. Nowadays A Silhouette (Phil Miller) 4:29
4. Silver Star (Alan Gowen) 2:21
5. Fourfold (Phil Miller) 6:11
6. Before A Word Is Said (Alan Gowen) 7:55
7. Umbrellas (Richard Sinclair) 3:51
8. A Fleeting Glance (Phil Miller) 7:30
Alan Gowen - keyboards
Phil Miller - guitar
Richard Sinclair - bass, vocals
Trevor Tomkins - drums